Re: Role of Release Goals (Was: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status)

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Can you explain why you think it would be a good idea to remove the
> power to decide their own goals from a team, and why you think it would
> be good for Debian to have one team drive another team's goals?  This is
> so different to how we usually work that it seems jarring.

I believe the underlying friction is that the release team rejects a
lot of goals as not affecting a sufficiently broad set of packages,
which leaves no venue for organizing less broad but still useful and
possibly disruptive (in a smaller way) changes.

Best wishes,
Mike