half the size, ... but this is true for almost all binary packages

Hi

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 01:14:28PM +0100, Joshuah Hurst wrote:
> - Despite being much more powerful, the binary package should be half
> the size of the current 'unstable' Debian package size

Yes.  But this phenomenon is true for almost all binary packages.

I initially thought I broke the build system of my package when I see
this ... but rebuilding my old source packge also produced a smaller
binary package.

dpkg-deb now compresses some internal content with xz and makes it
smaller.  Great!

Osamu