Re: Proposal: s have a GR about the init system

]] Ian Jackson

> For what it's worth, I have complete confidence in Steve and Colin.
> (I have known Colin for a very long time as a friend, from well before
> either of us got involved with Canonical.)

To the extent you want to raise a conflict of interest, I believe being
the maintainer of one of the options is a larger conflict of interest
than who signs your paycheck.  (Steve is the upstart maintainer, for
those who didn't know.)

Both Colin and Steve are excellent developers.  I see no need for any of
them to recuse themselves because of their employer.  Whether Steve
should recuse himself due to him being the maintainer of one of the
packages is something I leave to him and the CTTE.

--
Tollef Fog Heen