Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

Op 25-10-13 15:43, Olav Vitters schreef:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 01:41:23PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
>> There is no good reason other than "that's the way GNOME has been
>> written". So change the code and get GNOME to behave properly.
>
> Because you raise this again:
> - No maintenance on ConsoleKit since 1.5 years, despite me/GNOME raising
>   this as an issue end of Jan 2012
> - XFCE relies on either ConsoleKit or logind
>
> Concretely, who will "change the code"? I mean a name and something in
> the git log of ConsoleKit (or fork it and call it something else).

What's wrong with "whoever needs this fooKit thing, whatever it is"?
Deciding to drop support for "code I don't personally use, but other
people depend on" is just wrong on so many levels.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/