Re: Proposal: switch init system to systemd or upstart

> My understanding is that the _kernel_ side wants to change the cgroup
> API, and this means that at least in the long term current cgroup-using
> applications will need to change in any case (possibly by using systemd
> APIs instead). I'm not familiar with the specific case of lxc, but I
> really doubt systemd would make it unusable. Generally anything must
> already work with systemd to be usable on several major distros, so it
> should be a reasonably safe assumption that things will work.

Generally the Linux kernel bends over backwards to avoid this breakage
and I know there is already some compatibility layer so please refrain
from commenting if you are this unsure or it is another controversial
and undecided topic such as Google requiring it.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)