Re: update-menus silently failing with Gnome?

Le Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:01:50PM +0200, Daniel Pocock a écrit :

> For those feeling lazy, I suppose we can just grab the .desktop file
> generated under /var by update-menus and copy it into our packages?  Or
> is there a more elegant way to manage the duplication with debhelper
> support perhaps?  If somebody could add that under the bug it might help
> those who face this issue in future.

Hello Daniel,

in case it helps, you can also have a look at the following page on our
wiki, where the syntax of the Menu and Desktop entry files are compared
side to side.

    https://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/DebianMenuUsingDesktopEntries#Parallel_between_Menu_and_Desktop_entries

Have a nice day,

--