Re: <foo> link with -L/usr/lib

YunQiang Su, le Tue 17 Sep 2013 19:06:54 +0800, a écrit :
> I am shutdowning the wrong bugs.

You mean only the wrong bugs, not completely all of them?  If your
program had troubles submitting the right ones, I'm afraid it will have
troubles closing the wrong ones.  Just close all of them and submit your
program here with rationale before starting it.

Also, I'm really unconvinced -L/usr/lib does really bring any problem
anyway, see what I wrote:

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > which will make it ftbfs if there is libraries under /usr/lib,
> > while is not the default architecture, mips* for example.
> >
> > On mips* systems, /usr/lib is defined as place to hold O32
> > libraries, and /usr/lib32 for N32, and /usr/lib64 is for N64.
>
> That's not necessarily a problem: a spurious -L/usr/lib does not hurt,
> the linker will simply not take the binaries.  It's only if -L/usr/lib
> is required for proper linking that it would be a problem.  But the
> compiler already has that in its search path, so there is really no
> problem.
>
> > Beside the way, on the multiarch system like Debian, user may install
> > libraries under /usr/lib by hand.
>
> No, they are not supposed to be doing that.

Samuel