Re: Biological data being used by an unpublished research paper is considered proprietary

Jeff Epler writes:
> Under US law, it may be the case that violating website terms of
> service is a felony crime with jail time attached.

The USA Federal courts have made it clear that this is not the case.  As
far as I know there have been no convictions or even prosecutions under
this theory.  A casual reading of the legislative history of this
(execrable) law indicates that it was not the intent of Congress to
criminalize such things as violation of TOS.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com