Re: Biological data being used by an unpublished research paper is considered proprietary

I am not a lawyer but I don't think facts are copyrightable. In some
jurisdictions there are "database rights" and copyright on collections
of facts (like phone books) that could apply here. I suggest you
consult the lawyers for your research institute for the legal
situation in your jurisdiction.

The script thing sounds silly and easy to work-around - fake the
user-agent and put a few seconds between requests.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise