Re: using packages from sid on travis-ci.org

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:42:09PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Some of the upstream projects I work on use travis-ci.org for continuous
> integration
>
> In some cases I'd like to configure builds that depend on packages from
> Debian unstable, but I'm not sure of the Ubuntu or travis way of doing
> that, has anybody dealt with this before?  Or is there a Debian alternative?

You can configure travis to add additional apt sources and then install
packages from them, e.g.

before_install:
  - sudo add-apt-repository -y "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main universe"
  - sudo apt-get -qq update
  - if [[ $BUILD != 'sphinx' ]]; then sudo apt-get install -qq python-genshi; fi
  - if [[ $BUILD == 'cppwrap' ]]; then sudo apt-get install -qq build-essential cmake libboost-all-dev; fi
  - if [[ $BUILD == 'sphinx' ]]; then sudo apt-get install -qq python-sphinx; fi
  - if [[ $BUILD == 'sphinx' ]]; then sudo apt-get -y install texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-recommended texlive-xetex; fi
  - if [[ $BUILD == 'sphinx' ]]; then sudo apt-get -y install texlive-latex-extra texlive-fonts-recommended tex-gyre; fi
  - if [[ $BUILD == 'sphinx' ]]; then sudo fc-cache -rsfv; fi

In this case, we're updating to a newer version of Ubuntu and installing
packages from it, but you can probably do exactly the same for unstable.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh