Re: overriding udev rules

Hi,

Am 10.09.2013 02:06, schrieb Patrick Lauer:
> On 09/10/2013 02:50 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
>>
>> The resulting names are somtimes a bit ugly, but predictable and stable,
>> and do not change on every VM reboot...

[..]

> There are still race conditions.

The point here is, that the new network naming scheme doesn't reuse the
ethX namespace but completely different names which do not clash with
the kernel names.
Say you have two network interfaces A and B and a udev rule which
assigns A the NAME eth1. So if the kernel would assign A eth0 an B eth1,
and you are in the process of renaming A to eth1, you get a race condition.
By using a completely different naming scheme you avoid that problem.
But maybe I misunderstood you what you meant to imply saying it still
has race conditions and it would be great if you can elaborate.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?