Re: default MTA

On 31/05/13 08:41, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> A utility to scan syslog and convey important information to the user
> would be much more useful than configuring all mailers in Debian to read
> root's local mail by default. I know how to redirect root's mail
> elsewhere, thank you for not making another mail account to check.

This utility already exists on Debian: is called logcheck.
Unfortunately (from your point of view) it requires that the user is
able to configure the mailer.

So maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel [1] we could fix the
current one, and make sure that the default configuration of the mailer
ensures that local mails are read by root or by the default system user.

[1] http://tr.im/44jc8