Re: Survey answers part 1: systemd has too many dependencies, …

On 06/10/2013 03:21 AM, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
>> In this blog post, you tell that it's possible not to use all the
>> components of systemd. Then, the immediate question that pops to my
>> mind: what are *your* intentions then, in Debian (or, said in another
>> way, what would you like to do if you where the only one to decide)?
>> Would you like to remove some components, or keep them all by default?
> I don’t understand the intention behind that question. Could you clarify
> so that I can give a proper answer please?

Let's say you decide. Let's say you set systemd by default in Debian.

Then which component would you install, and activate by default? Which
component will you make only installable if the user decides to do it
actively (for example using apt-get install)?

Which (installed by default) component will be able to be turned off by
our users without breaking the whole thing, or removing features which
makes the life with systemd difficult (I'm not sure if there's things
like that, just trying to understand)?

How would the user unable/disable such components: apt-get
remove/purge/install ? Edit /etc/default/systemd ?

Thomas