Re: Survey answers part 1: systemd has too many dependencies, …

On 10 June 2013 07:21, Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
>> In this blog post, you tell that it's possible not to use all the
>> components of systemd. Then, the immediate question that pops to my
>> mind: what are *your* intentions then, in Debian (or, said in another
>> way, what would you like to do if you where the only one to decide)?
>> Would you like to remove some components, or keep them all by default?
> I don’t understand the intention behind that question. Could you clarify
> so that I can give a proper answer please?

I think Thomas is saying that the question of 'systemd for Debian' is
a specific deployment case; the answer of 'you can choose which
components of systemd to use' is an abstract answer. What components
would still be choosable in 'systemd for Debian', not systemd
generically.

I must admit, I find it an interesting question too :)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins@hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist