Re: Why not to let all DDs to execute "gb"-command

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 09:10:39PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a proposal to give a permission to all DDs to restart builds on
> failing archs e.g. execute "gb-command".
>
> I think, most of developers are clever enough to define, whether the
> built failed "accidentally" and needs to be restarted, or it requires
> some fixing and uploading new version. It will save time for both DDs
> and wb-team.

I have very mixed feelings about this.  I do in general think that
would be good thing.  But I see many requests where I think it just
doesn't make sense to me to retry it.

If things fail randomly, I really want to know _why_ it fails, and
want to have that fixed.  I don't want to retry until it randomly
works.  But I do understand that it sometimes might be hard to
find why it sometimes fails.

Kurt