Re: http.debian.net / cdn.debian.net (Was: Feedback on Debian 7.0)

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> (05/06/2013):
>> Or, we could investigate whether one or the other could be made
>> official?
>
> I guess Raphael and/or DSA would be happy to receive help, possibly on
> the “make it production-ready” front (matching DSA's expectations,
> etc.). But I'm none of those so I might be entirely mistaken. :)

Re httpdn:

DSA has basically acked hosting it but it first needs to be converted into a
fcgi-like application. The live instance currently runs under mod_perl.

That said, I've an initial version of the redirector as a Plack application
that needs more testing on possible production configurations.
It requires inotify in order to pick up database updates, which is not
ideal, but at least it works.

I could push the branch to the public repository so that others can take a
look at it and play with it, if there's anyone interested.

Re cdn:

IIRC the main blocker was that it plays with DNS records and would be a bit
painful to have to support such a configuration in part due to DNSSEC.

I can't speak for DSA or cdn's maintainers, however.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net