Re: docbook-xsl: why only one version ?

Hi Jerome,

On 02-06-13 06:30, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> I have to deal with docbook-xsl for one of my package.
> I am not familiar with docbook-xsl stuff, so my question may sound naive.
> It appears that the upstream stuff play with docbook-xsl version 1.75.2 ,
> but not 1.76.1 : only the last one is available on Wheezy, so why only one
> version is made available ?

If we would keep all versions of all packages we ever had, our
infrastructure would blow up, and also users wouldn't like the
additional overhead. Usually you don't gain much by keeping old
versions, although we do have snapshot [1] for individual use.

So my guess is that you will have to patch your package (please send the
patch upstream) and use the latest version in sid (that is where you are
building for). By the way, the version in Wheezy is nearly irrelevant
for your software development, so you should work to get 1.78.1 working.

Paul

[1] http://snapshot.debian.org/