Re: /bin/sh

Joshuah Hurst dixit:

>Solaris 11, OpenSolaris and Illumos use ksh93 as /bin/sh

Yeah, but it’s not eligible for that in Debian, as Debian guarantees
the usability of “local” even for /bin/sh scripts. I wrote about that
already, IIRC even in this thread.

>/usr/bin/sh

Yuk, Solaris abomination.

>and /usr/bin/ksh

/bin/ksh is handled via the alternatives system in Debian.
If AT&T ksh93 is installed (and pdksh/mksh are not), it’s
always /bin/ksh (otherwise, it’s the admin’s choice).

>old Bourne shell and the busybox-like shell builtins (for example

mksh, while not as bloaty, comes with a built-in cat for cuteness ☺
among others like rename (good for rescue!).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of