Re: jessie release goals

]] Vincent Lefevre

> I agree for these services (though Apache is useless after just
> being installed, as one just has a dummy web page).

So useful, since you can then put files into the docroot and serve those
files. (An analogy to your example could be an imap server being
useless, since there's no mail to be fetched on a freshly installed
server.)

> But not for postfix, which can reject mail by default without an
> initial configuration. Since it is not working by default, and loses
> mail, the daemon shouldn't be enabled by default.

IIRC, postfix defaults to local mail only, listening on localhost only,
so how it would reject mail by default, I'm not sure?

--
Tollef Fog Heen