Re: parsable copyright format 1.0 (jessie release goals)

On 05/06/2013 08:49 PM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now might be the right time to start a discussion about release goals
> for jessie. Here are some points that come into my mind right now (and
> some were already discussed very recently):
>
> * multiarch compatible binNMUs
> * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [!arch:all]
> * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [incl. arch:all]
> * extending binNMUs to allow rebuilding arch:all packages (so it's no
> longer a "binary only" but a sourceful no-change rebuild - the classic
> binNMU should stay of course)
>

> Andreas
>
> ... looking forward to have PPAs in the future :-)
Since it ever existed, I wrote my debian/copyright file using the
new format. It's quite well established, and it isn't hard to do
the switch. It is just a bit boring work though.

I do think it would be nice to be able to parse all of the
archive to know what kind of license we're using. If we all work
a bit on our own packages, it should be fine, and at some
point, we should move forward. But does anyone think it is
too much work? I would understand that point of view.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Thomas