Re: /bin/sh (was Re: jessie release goals)

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 22:08 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 11 mai 2013 à 20:44 +0100, Roger Leigh a écrit :
> > I can't agree with having no choice with regard to init.  We aren't
> > all using GNOME, and Debian is used in an extremely diverse set of
> > fields for a multitude of different purposes.  No one init is
> > appropriate for all of these applications.  systemd fails on safety
> > grounds alone for a good number of uses.  That much complexity is
> > an unacceptable risk for PID1 failure.
>
> This is utter bullshit and you should already know it. Systemd is much
> more reliable as a whole than any other implementation. I have yet to
> see a use case where it is not better.

So the old discussion is back, nice: let's spend some 100+ post on this
again. Maybe the DPL and the tech committe could make their voices
heard. Debian can definitely survive without Canonical (and RedHat).
Debian is about Free Software (as well as free speech, users choice,
user freedom, etc by the Social Contract)