Re: jessie release goals

On Lunes, 6 de mayo de 2013 13:49:57 Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now might be the right time to start a discussion about release goals
> for jessie. Here are some points that come into my mind right now (and
> some were already discussed very recently):
>
> * multiarch compatible binNMUs
> * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [!arch:all]
> * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [incl. arch:all]
> * extending binNMUs to allow rebuilding arch:all packages (so it's no
> longer a "binary only" but a sourceful no-change rebuild - the classic
> binNMU should stay of course)
>

> Andreas
>
> ... looking forward to have PPAs in the future :-)

I would like to see multiarch fully working (it is not, see #705834)
I would like to see a Debian pure for just viewing DVDs (either original,
copies or mp3/ogg/avi/mkv), using the debian box just as a player
I would like to see Debian being fully multiseat and multisession. With
multiseat I mean that a user in front of the local machine has his X, his
sound and his devices, while a user in a "thin client" has his own sound,
devices and X while all his applications are run on the main Debian box
I would like to see Debian running on my (currently Android) phone
...and yes, PPAs too, but with the same quality and security support as main

Regards

Noel
er Envite