Re: jessie release goals

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 20:47 +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> Do you have any concrete examples (besides flashplugin-nonfree, which is
> indeed abominable)?
I know at least of susv2/3.

I once manually went through all the packages depending on wget/curl,...
but I don't have the list anymore and would likely be outdated, as I
opened several bugs back then and the maintainers did some good job.

> >b) Another problem are IMHO plugins like Firefox extensions, kinda
> >bypassing APT. I think at least those that are installed via a package,
> >shouldn't be upgradable/overwritable anymore with online versions.
> What exactly do you mean? The only way I can upgrade my Iceweasel
> add-ons is via apt/dpkg.
Mhh seems you're right... has this changed recently? Anyway... me hiding
in shame ;)

Cheers,
Chris.