Re: multiarch and interpreters/runtimes

Am 19.04.2013 00:33, schrieb Guillem Jover:
I think the full-multiarch support for python in
> experimental should really be reverted.

No.  This is backward, and the wrong way to go forward.  I do acknowledge that
there are issues with the current state of dpkg, but I'm not seeing how you are
planning to address these for jessie, and if this can be used for the jessie
release, and not only in jessie+1.  There are other ways to address the issue
you did raise, but they could be considered as ugly, but in the end I would
prefer doing with an ugly plan B, if we don't have a plan A.

You always can remove the Multi-Arch attribute from packages, but developers
should continue to prepare interpreters for a multiarch environment.

  Matthias