Re: NEW processing during freezes

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

> sounds good in theory, but in practice, when I want to upgrade foo,
> which happens to have a new dependency on bar, which needs baz, which
> needs qux, then I really want to get this done in one rush, and not wait
> for three NEW processings in between.

I go through this process with Shibboleth routinely, and it really doesn't
seem that bad to me.  There were some delays with NEW recently during the
work on the release, but normally the turnaround for a simple SONAME
change in an existing library is <2 days, which doesn't hold me up that
much.  I prepare all the packages in advance, and then just build and
upload the next one as I get the acceptance for the previous one.