Re: Interactive package management via aptitude

> > Aptitude installs all recommended packages by default which was rather
> > annoying until I found that in the options menu as I ran out of space a
> > couple of times.
>
> as does apt-get.

I'm fairly sure synaptic doesn't select recommended by default, however
the synaptic package itself is a package where installing recommended
packages by default may be a good idea (Adds useful repo management
functionality like add cdrom (which isn't obvious from the dependency
descriptions) without pulling in the world).

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)