Re: NEW processing during freezes (Was: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R)

On 04/03/2013 04:34 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 04/01/2013 11:06 PM, Luca Falavigna wrote:
>> On the other hand, FTP Team is willing to fast-track NEW packages
>> anytime, if needed.
> That's simply not truth. I can't let you say that and not reply.
Hi,

I would like to publicly thanks Luca for all the FTP Master assistant
work that he did on the Openstack packages recently. Nearly all of
the Openstack packages have been approved, and now I'm down
to python-pecan and websockify, which have been rejected, for
very valid reasons, with 2 or 3 files that are sourceless. I'll work on
them, and create a DFSG version, hoping that I can finish the work
before the next week Openstack summit. Saying "well, all is done
but it's waiting FTP masters approval" is really not the same as
saying "well, yeah, everything is now in Debian" !!! This was a
very frustrating situation a week ago, and what just happened
fills me with a lot of satisfaction. I am really convince that your
work will really make a difference next week, when we will discuss
with Ubuntu guys, and try to convince everyone that Debian is
also a good platform for Openstack.

So again, thanks so much Luca!

Thomas

P.S: I'm unsure if I'll upload all of Grizzly this week to Experimental
or what, if I can fix python-pecan and websockify...