Re: Interactive package management via aptitude

Le Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 06:02:27PM +0300, Eugene Lychauka a écrit :
> http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.html#pkgmgmt
>
> Here we can read:
>
> "The preferred program for interactive package management from a
> terminal is aptitude. For a non-interactive command line interface for
> package management, it is recommended to use apt-get."
>
> What is meant by interactive interface and non-interactive interface
> here? I understand it as typing "aptitude install foo" is
> non-interactive interface, and the text-user interface of aptitude
> launched by typing "aptitude" is interactive interface. Am I right?
> Some people assure me that not.

Hi Eugene,

The same text is found in Squeeze and Lenny's release notes, at the "What's new
in the distribution?" chapter.  Have you considered to propose to the
maintainers of the release notes to delete that part completely if you thing it
is confusing, since it brings no new information at all ?

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan