Re: upgraded systems won't boot from UUID volumes

On 04/07/2013 10:19 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

On 07/04/13 15:47, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:25:43 +0200 Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au>
wrote:

I notice this bug was downgraded below the RC threshold and appears to
have been missed so far:

It was only pushed to RC status by your request and then almost immediately
moved back to original severity of Important by one of the maintainers.

It is up to the maintainers to assign severity of bugs. Why have you not
asked the maintainers of their opinion of the severity?

Because they already downgraded below the RC status, so I'm curious if other
people have reason to believe there is a problem.

I have only come across a few systems with UUID in fstab, but if somebody
else is aware of widespread use of this, now is probably the time to comment.

Well, for what it's worth, my laptop has UUIDs in fstab but my desktop doesn't.

It may or may not be relevant that I have grub-pc held on my desktop at version
1.99-17; I believe this was originally due to the existence of bugs which
claimed that upgrading could/would break the boot, but by now it may be due more
to inertia than to anything else.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger