Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 07:57:50AM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

>> I don't think the time for this discussion is now, so I'll restrain
>> myself from saying more. The release is near, and there's going to be
>> plenty of time until the next freeze :)

> When the pain of the freeze will be a fast-fading memory, and we'll not
> bother trying to reform the release process until we're in the thick of
> it again, and if anyone dares suggest that the process is flawed at that
> point they'll be labelled a pariah and shunned from the village.

I really don't think this is true.  If someone tries to do that in a later
discussion, I at least promise to point out that the freeze is long and
uncomfortable and that, if we can come up with a better solution, we would
definitely benefit.