Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 12:48:08AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> IMO it's important to remember that it's fundamentally the release team
> that is at fault for problems here, not the R maintainer.

Can you please remind me what you do for Debian? Aside from flame debian-devel.
I've forgotten.

> Unstable has already been frozen for much longer than is in any way
> reasonable for either development of Debian, users of Debian unstable, or
> upstreams whose current software is either not being packaged at all or is
> only in experimental.

I agree with this, but the release team are not the people who are on the
critical path for getting us to release-ready, as per our current release
process.