Re: packaging with git: automatic setup of remotes/upstream when cloning

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 05:04:26PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Thus I have two remotes in my original repository:
> >
> >   origin	ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-lua/lua-lgi.git (fetch)
> >   origin	ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-lua/lua-lgi.git (push)
> >   upstream	git://github.com/pavouk/lgi.git (fetch)
> >
> > If one clones my repo, he only gets the remote named origin.
>
> Use
> $ gbp-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-lua/lua-lgi.git
> That would setup the upstream branch automatically.

This is not what I want, gbp-clone gives me:

  master tracking origin/master
  upstream tracking origin/upstream

but I would like to also get:

  upstream/master

where upstream is a remote pointing to git://github.com/pavouk/lgi.git
so that I can git fetch from upstream/master and merge into upstream
to import a new upstream release.  Is my desired workflow wrong?

This URL us not in the git repo, and if I'm not mistaken it can't
be added to, say, .gbp.conf.  Am I wrong?

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi