Re: Bootstrappable Debian - proposal of needed changes

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>, 2013-01-17, 10:35:
for the packages I maintain, I am now replacing the regression tests that were ran during the build process by autopkgtest test suites.

   http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/

   (see http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/auto-pkg-test.html
    while Alioth-hosted sites seem to be in trouble)

If this eventually becomes the norm, then we will not need "nocheck" build option or profile anymore.

DEP-8 tests are not supposed to _replace_ build-time tests. They have different, though overlapping to a large degree, purposes.

This reminds that the specification badly needs a "Philosophical Introduction" chapter...

--
Jakub Wilk