Re: [DEP 8] About "XS-Testsuite: autopkgtest": time to remove "XS-" ?

On 27 December 2013 16:35, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, 2013-12-27 at 17:41:26 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>> the use of autopkgtest as documented in DEP 8 is taking momentum.
>>
>> How about allowing a "Testsuite" field to replace the "XS-Testsuite" field?
>
> Last time this came up here, it didn't look like we got consensus on
> whether the field was needed at all. Do you know how many packages
> are there with autopkgtest support, and how many do not declare the
> field?

It is needed as per spec and the currently running implementations.
It is needed to run against repositories without Contents-source
indices generated.
And contents-source indices do not indicate package version numbers,
this is needed when tests are added or removed.
Contents-source indices appear to be behind publishes Sources.gz, thus
introducing propagation delay.
There seems to be a clear consensus that it is needed among the people
who designed, implemented, write tests for, and are running them.

Can you remind, why is it not needed?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.