planning on requesting removal of xerces-c2

I'm planning on requesting removal of xerces-c2 soon.  xerces-c2 is for
2.x versions of Xerces-C.  Version 3.0.0 was released over 5 years ago
now.  I had hoped to remove xerces-c2 before the release of wheezy, but
there were too many packages that depended on it at the time.  There are
now only five packages left that haven't already had removal requested,
and some of those are no longer in testing.  I have filed bug reports
against the five packages asking them to change their build dependencies
from libxerces-c2-dev to libxerces-c-dev, and I have a note on my
calendar to follow up with possible NMUs in a few weeks.  xerces-c2 is
going to be very hard to support from a security standpoint, and most
programs port to xerces-c without any changes, so it would be great to
be back to having only one xerces-c in the archive for Jessie.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>