Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

Hello,

2013/12/3 Aron Xu <aron@debian.org>:

>> What do you think of Lemote Spark 3A 6100 machines? As those as
>> suitable as the motherboards you propose?

> As mentioned previously, we have a board donated by Lemote, which I believe
> is a very early version of the board that have been used for their internal
> testing. From the experience I get from that board, stability is good (no
> hang or crash so far) and performance do not differ from the one produced by
> Loongson, and it's even better because Lemote people are much easier to be
> reached for support than Loongson (they are really helpful when we were
> dealing with some PMON upgrading issues).

Debian is currently being bitten by MIPS chinese prototype boards that
behave unreliably and are hard to replace.
I, personally, think that being able to buy (if needed) hardware is
not bad idea either, for the sake of replacements, redundancies,
etc...

Regards,
--