Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

Hi Niels,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 09:04:56PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> kFreeBSD was a technology preview, and has not generated enough user
> interest to bring in sufficient install base to continue in this
> state.

I wonder, how is the release team measuring this?  For the other ports that
you mention, you've pointed to concrete technical problems that are in line
with the previously-documented release qualification guidelines.  kfreebsd,
OTOH, is only listed as having "insufficient install base".  But what is
sufficient?  http://popcon.debian.org/ shows numbers for kfreebsd-* that are
greater than a number of our ports.

You rightly point out that keeping the architectures in testing has a cost,
because the architectures will block testing migration.  But are the
kfreebsd archs actually causing testing blockages, in practice?  If there
are such blockages, can you give us more information about how this has been
the case?

Cheers,