Re: Is GCC really wrongly optimizing code leading to several bugs and vulnerabilities?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I haven't checked for these facts myself due to lack of time, which is
> why I just post here. I think this paper is interesting anyway, and
> worth sharing.

I read that paper sometime ago, and as far as I recall, it mostly deals with
C code that has undefined behavior by the spec, so it is not about gcc doing
things wrong.

It is about C being an extremely hard language to get right, because it has
a ton of "undefined" situations way too many C coders are not aware of, nor
paying sufficient attention to.

Obviously, the results of a C statement depending on undefined behavior can
change when the compiler, compiler version, or optimization level changes.

  Henrique Holschuh