Registering a media type for Debian binary packages ?

Dear all,

reading the Launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1022824,
asking to add application/x-deb to /etc/mime.types, and giving the link to
another bug where it is mentionned that application/x-debian-package is still
in circulation, I wonder if it would make sense to register a proper media type
for Debian binary packages to the IANA.

    http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl

This is a very simple procedure, for example we already have
text/vnd.debian.copyright there.

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/vnd.debian.copyright

The media type for Debian binary packages would be something like
application/vnd.debian.binary or application/vnd.debian.binary-package.

Any thoughts, comments, or volunteers ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy