Re: Subversion 1.8.4

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 01:39:07PM +0400, Виталий Филиппов wrote:
> I've never tried to perform any package maintenance, but I would be very
> happy to contribute these packages to Debian... (NMU?)
>
> What are the next steps for it? Should someone (some maintainer?) review
> it?

Yes, someone needs to review it, but before that the package tests
need to be fixed so they a) run and b) pass, reliably and repeatably.

After that, either get the package maintainers to discuss the new
version, or find someone to take over the package if they no longer
want to or can maintain it. Doing an NMU for a package to upgrade it
to new upstream release should be done very carefully, and it should
avoid to override the maintainers unless it's critical.

--
http://www.cafepress.com/trunktees -- geeky funny T-shirts
http://gtdfh.branchable.com/ -- GTD for hackers