Re: Bug#727708: tech-ctte: Decide which init system to default to in Debian.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#727708: tech-ctte: Decide which init system to default to in Debian.
- From: Thomas Goirand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 02:22:49 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 527FCEF9.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20131025122954.GA9101@bongo.bofh.it> <email@example.com> <loom.20131025T155807firstname.lastname@example.org> <20131025161604.GA12753@helios.pault.ag> <20131025184344.GB4599@helios.pault.ag> <20131026090736.GA7515@xanadu.blop.info> <20131026171703.GC14994@virgil.dodds.net> <email@example.com> <20131026182021.GE14994@virgil.dodds.net> <20131028172214.GA11764@master.debian.org> <20131028174046.GC9149@hawking.credativ.lan> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <52703DCE.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <527125D4.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <527223C6.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/01/2013 02:00 AM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> previously on this list Wouter Verhelst contributed:
>>> By absense of documentation, are you referring to the almost 10% of the
>>> source base that are comments or the 15% that is DocBook XML based
>>> documentation? (Almost 14kLOC and almost 36kLOX, respectively.)
>> That particular comment was not referring to systemd specificaly.
>> I haven't looked at the systemd code in much detail myself. What I wrote
>> in the above-quoted post was based on the comment of this OpenRC
>> developer. Perhaps I should have checked some more before repeating that
>> comment, though.
> Well he actually said that seperating/finding the logind code and any
> relevent documentation was difficult.
> So an accurate rebuttal would be ?kLOC and ?kLOX concerning logind
This kinds of statistics show nothing. Statistics about the number of
lines of comments will never tell what kinds of comments there is,
and/or if they are relevant. Have a look in the code, it gives a much
better idea (yes, this requires not just reading this list and make your