Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On 29/10/13 at 22:42 +0100, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 24/10/13 18:31, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > What's the the status of XFCE regarding accessibility?
> >
> > That was a big strengh of GNOME for a long time, though I've heard
> > rumors (sorry not to be more specific) that gnome-shell has some
> > unsolved issues in that regard, which is a problem since GNOME
> > classic/fallback mode is gone in 3.8.
>
> What are those problems? AFAIK a11y status in GNOME is pretty good. There were
> some issues in the early days of GNOME 3 but those are long solved.

FYI, the state of accessibility in GNOME and XFCE is being discussed in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2013/11/msg00011.html

very short summary: 3.4 had some issues, the situation improved a lot
since then; XFCE is behind. (all of this according to the poster, of
course).

Lucas