Bug#728702: ITP: nscaweb -- Nagios core addon to submit host and service checks over http(s)
Owner: "Toni Garcia-Navarro" <email@example.com>
* Package name : nscaweb
Version : 0.1.20
Upstream Author : Copyright 2013 Jelle Smet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/smetj/nscaweb
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Nagios core addon to submit host and service checks over http(s)
NSCAweb is a Nagios core based monitoring solution addon which allows you to easily submit (passive) host and service checks over http(s) to the Nagios external command file. It aims to be a better,more feature rich alternative than the classic NSCA daemon.
NSCAweb has following features:
* http(s) as transport makes it more friendly in a firewalled environment.
* SSL encryption when desired.
* Supports multiline plugin & performance output.
* Accepts data coming over http or from local named pipes.
* Submit data to many types of destinations: named pipes (nagios.cmd), NSCAweb, NRDP or a file.
* Loadbalance and failover between multiple urls per destination.
* Duplicate and forward passive check results to an "unlimited" amount of destinations.
* Submit messages to 1 destination or all destinations depending on the url messages are send to.
* Simultaneous local and remote delivery.
* Each destination has an independent, dedicated thread and queue.
* Buffering of unavailable destinations and resubmitting when destination comes available to prevent data loss.
* Builtin, multiuser authentication.
* Trivial to submit check results using http post.
* Submit check results in bulk or one by one.
* Use curl as a client from the command line.