Re: Jessie release goal: DNSSEC as default recursive resolver

On Sat, October 26, 2013 18:52, OndÅ?ej Surý wrote:
>> The safe default is still to rely on the organizational DNS resolvers as
>> provided by DHCP or local manual configuration.
>
> we can adopt dnssec-trigger
> (https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/dnssec-trigger/) for such scenarios.

I think it's indeed very important that a default install uses the DHCP
provided DNS-servers or locally configured resolvers, because in many
networks that's the only way to reliably resolve things. dnssec-trigger
may provide that, but since it's 'experimental' and not even packaged for
Debian at all at this point, I think it's quite premature to make this a
release goal for Jessie.

Thijs