AST ksh alpha: compilation failure related to multiarch

Hi, I am trying to build the alpha release of AST ksh on debian testing
but the compilation fails because it cannot find header files under
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys.

Actually, if I create the symlink /usr/include/sys ->
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys the compilation succeeds.

I have the same behavior (i.e compilation failure solved with the
symlink) under debian wheezy and ubuntu 12.04.

So I think ksh does not handle correctly the implementation of multiarch
in debian. Am I right?

If ksh source code does not handle multiarch correctly, which document
should I ask upstream to look into in order to understand how multiarch
is implemented in debian? I have the feeling the people on
ast-developpers ml are not familiar with debian or ubuntu. Actually,
they asked me if "my test machine was broken"; and "how could I have
such a weird header files setup".

I think to submit them a summary of
https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/TheCaseForMultiarch for the reason of
such a header files setup in debian/ubuntu and
https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/LibraryPathOverview for the way their
source code should handle it.

Am I right this issue is related to multiarch in debian?
Do you have any advices to make my point against the ksh developers?

Thanks for any advices.
Best regards.

--
Giovanni Rapagnani