Re: away_0.9.5+ds-0+nmu2_multi.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Colin Watson wrote:

> The usefulness of supporting --as-needed isn't because of Ubuntu.  It's
> because switching --as-needed on across the board

I think it would be better send all our upstreams patches for their
build systems than to work around all the bugs in them. Lets be honest
here, IIRC any use of --as-needed is a workaround for over-inflated
DT_NEEDED and fixing those upstream benefits the wider free software
community, which we pledged in Social Contract item 2. Of course there
are some upstreams where the issues present will unlikely to ever be
fixed so --as-needed may be appropriate there.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise