Moving conf file from one package to another

Hi,

I am preparing new version of nsd and I need to reuse the conffile from
nsd3 package (that will get replaces by nsd package).

And I need to move /etc/nsd3/nsd.conf to /etc/nsd/nsd.conf and move it
from nsd3 to nsd package.

Should I:

- prepare transitional package nsd3 (src:nsd) that will Depend on nsd
- the nsd3 package will move conffile to /etc/nsd/nsd.conf (using
dpkg-maintscript-helper)
- the nsd package will Breaks: nsd3 (<< 4.0.0), Replaces: nsd3 (<<
4.0.0)
- nsd package will fully replace nsd3 package (since nsd3 package will
be empty)

Or is there some simpler way?

O.
--