Bug#725026: ITP: python-proboscis -- extends Nose with certain TestNG like features
Owner: Thomas Goirand <email@example.com>
* Package name : python-proboscis
Version : 18.104.22.168
Upstream Author : Tim Simpson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/proboscis
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : extends Nose with certain TestNG like features
Proboscis is a Python test framework that extends Python's built-in unittest
module and Nose with features from TestNG.
TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing
some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use.
* Uses decorators instead of naming conventions.
* Allows for TestNG style test methods, in which a class is initialized once,
as an alternative to using class fields (see the example below).
* Allows for explicit test dependencies and skipping of dependent tests on
* Runs xUnit style clases if desired or needed for backwards compatability.
* Uses Nose if available (but doesn't require it), and works with many of
* Runs in IronPython and Jython (although if you're targetting the JVM you
should consider using TestNG instead).