Re: lintian: what means pkg-config-multi-arch-wrong-dir?

On 29/09/13 14:32, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Olе Streicher
>> Thank you very much. But why is it enabled even if I do not announce my
>> package a being multiarch? (My reason to upgrade to compat level 9 was to
>> get the hardening flags propagated).
>
> Ok, I have added more hint to the tags see patch at the end of #723886.

There are two possibilities: either make the package multiarch, or
override the ${libdir} back to /usr/lib (e.g. "--libdir=/usr/lib" in an
override_dh_auto_configure rule).

For instance, for telepathy-mission-control-5 I explicitly set the
${libdir} back to /usr/lib, so that plugins for Mission Control (as
produced by e.g. Empathy) would not have to undergo a transition -
there's no point in having more than one architecture's version of
libmission-control-plugins0 anyway, because you can only have one
/usr/lib/telepathy/mission-control-5 binary.