packaging Postgres binary dump files

PostBooks distributes their schema as a Postgres binary dump file for
use with pg_restore

They are available for download here (not in the source tarball):

The pg_dump documentation explains the binary format features:

Is this format suitable for making a source package or do we need to
load it into Postgres and then pg_dump it again as text / SQL?

I would prefer to simply distribute the original files so that people
can compare with upstream's checksums if they wish.